Look at it. It looks GLORIOUS.
A few quick things to note based on wearing them around.
- Forefoot fit is defintiely more accomidating. My toes felt much less cramped. The material used here is much stretchier as well.
- This looks like it has been built up but still comes in at same old Kinvara weight.
- Ground contact is better and even feels a little bit more flexible as compared to the Kinvara 3 & 4.
- There are stronger “film” materials around where the Kinvara 4 had tearing issues.
- Tongue and Heel Counter are more cushioned, allowing you to tighten these up without too much foot pressure.
- My Kinvara 4’s (with 40 miles on them) feel DEAD compared to the overall feel of the 5.
- The Pro-Lock system feels nice around my midfoot, although I never had any problems feeling locked into the Kinvara.
Pete Larson (Runblogger) also posted his initial impressions here.
Questions? Holler at me on twitter: @billblunderbuss